Strees Free Taxes


Doing your taxes doesn’t have to be stressful.
Tax season is the most wonderful time of year at Hayter & Associates Inc.
and we’re eager to help you make the most of your tax opportunities this year.


Where do I start?

Contact us! The best thing you can do for yourself and your tax opportunities is come in and sit down with one of our knowledgeable staff. We can assist you in organizing all of your information into a coherent tax return. Our goal is to help you get the most out of your tax credits. Since tax submissions are due in April, we suggest you set up an appointment in February or March to get started (but feel free to set up an appointment anytime before April 30th). We can also help you with filing or amending returns for previous years.


What do I need to file?

Collect all of your year’s information. In order to complete your taxes accurately, you will need to collect a few key items to get started. The most common items that need to be brought in are your slips (T4 from your employer, T5’s for investment income, RRSP slips, OAS & CPP slips, tuition slips etc), your property taxes or rent, donation receipts, and any medical receipts you paid out of pocket. If you purchased a house make sure to have the date you originally purchased it, along with the amount it sold for.   Basically, collect anything that has to do with money coming in, or money going out to bring to your initial consultation. Give us a call or email and we can send you a checklist of everything to consider including in your return.


What can I claim?

You probably have more credits available than you think! Often people focus on just filing their tax return, but at our office we want you to maximize your refund or minimize the amount you have to pay. We’ll help you decipher what you qualify for, and how you can claim it. Did your family change at all this year? Did you contribute to an RRSP? Did you make any political or charitable donations? All of these things, and more, can help you get the most out of your tax credits.

You can also check out the FAQ section of the Canada Revenue Agency’s website for some quick answers


Who needs to be involved?

It really depends on your personal situation as to who needs to be involved. If you are married or living common law,  you should file together with your partner as soon as your status changes from single. Of course, always call us to discuss your potential tax credits!

See here for some advice on Small Business Taxes

320 Victoria St. Clinton, ON.
Monday – Friday 8:30-4:30